What is a printable coupon?
A printable coupon is a digital coupon that can be redeemed for a discount at a physical store.
How to Use a Printable Coupon to Maximize Savings on Your Groceries
What is a printable coupon?
If you have shopped at a supermarket like Walgreens Walmart for your groceries, have you ever wondered about ways to save money while buying your daily necessities? You can easily save a substantial amount of money if you opt for deals and offers and use coupons to get discounts while shopping.
Paper coupons are printed handouts by brands that give you benefits like a discount if you buy a particular product. Apart from discounts, coupons also allow customers to get free delivery or a gift.
There are also coupon sites that offer coupons that can be printed, also known as printable coupons. You can use a printable coupon to save money while buying your groceries. Most print coupons offer discounts for a specific product, but there are some that give you a dollar amount off your purchase. Read the fine print on the coupon to ensure that you use it correctly.
Where can you find a printable coupon?
If you are wondering where you can find printable coupons so that you can score deals and discounts while shopping for your groceries, here is a list of places you can try-
- Social media- It may be a daunting task to find printable coupons on Facebook as there are hundreds of grocery brands on Facebook, but it is one of the better sources for higher value coupons. You can follow the brands you like or use the most and "like" their pages. You will get notifications from the page about new deals and coupons.
- Sign up for the newsletter- When you shop for groceries and daily necessities, there are some brands that you prefer over others. Select the brands you shop for most often and sign up for their mailing list. Many times, companies will send exclusive grocery coupons or coupon codes that can be printed and are meant only for the subscribers.
- Brand websites- You can also check on the brand websites to see if you can get coupon codes or printable coupons for deals. Most of the time, brands will post information about deals and offers on their home pages. But there are also brands that have a "specials" or "deals" tab where all the deals and coupons are listed.
- Coupon websites- There are also third-party websites and apps that offer coupon codes and printable coupons that can be printed out and redeemed in-store. Visit these sites and run a search for the brand you want deals for. There will be a list of deals and offers, and you can choose the one you want and take a printout. These websites have coupons from many major brands, and there are some that update these deals every day.
- Grocery and drug store websites- Many grocery, retail, and drug store sites like Rite Aid, Dollar General or Dollar Tree have printable coupons and deals on their websites. You may also find some of these coupons on third-party sites. But there are times when these sites will have exclusive manufacturer or store coupons.
I'm looking for ways to save money on my groceries
Use a printable coupon to maximize savings on your groceries
Why brands use a printable coupon?
Are you wondering why brands still use print coupons or printable grocery coupons in today's digital age? Here are some reasons brands opt for printable coupons-
- Get consumers' attention- As per a study in 2021, an average supermarket stocks over 35,000 items. Every brand that is stocked in a big retail outlet like Home Depot needs to grab the customer's attention and stand out from the competition. Offering a paper coupon is one way to stand out. If you have a printable coupon for Brand X, then that is the first brand you will check out and compare its price with competitors.
- Advertise a new product- There are so many brands and products in the market today. A company launching a new product needs to entice a customer who is always looking for a good deal. Offering free samples amounts to spending money to get the product to the consumer. But a high-value coupon ensures that consumers buy the product to try it.
- Ensure loyalty- Once a company gets a consumer to buy their product over their competitors', they have to then ensure that the customer remains loyal to their brand. Offering a coupon with a discount generates goodwill and loyalty as it is an indication that the company values your business.
- Repeat business- Coupons are also a way for brands to entice customers to shop with them again. When you buy a product and get a coupon, you visit the brand's website to use the coupon. According to a recent study, out of 1,000 consumers surveyed, 92% used coupons to hunt for bargains, and around 45% used coupons almost always when they shopped.
- Marketing efforts- When a customer is offered a store loyalty card to get discounts for grocery shopping, they give out detailed personal information. Companies use this information to make decisions about products, prices, sales, discounts, and more. The information is helpful in creating targeted marketing campaigns.
Tips on how to save more money with a printable coupon
After discussing the benefits of using paper coupons or printable grocery coupons, here are some tips you can use to save money and get the maximum benefits from using them-
- Game the system- Most manufacturers and brands allow two different coupons to be printed from one device. You can use different devices, like mobile phones or tablets, to print more coupons. If you have more than one email address, you can also use them to get more coupons that can be redeemed in-store to save money.
- First day of the month- Some brands and manufacturers have a "coupon reset," where they extend the number of printable coupons available. During a reset, you can use the same device to print two additional copies. Most brands come out with new coupons at the beginning of the month. Hence, it is the perfect time to print as many coupons as you can to score discounts while you are grocery shopping.
- Use black and white- Printer ink can cost between $13 and $75 per ounce. Many stores accept black and white coupons, so Make Sure to set the printer to "black only."
- Stack coupons- As most brands have a limit on printable coupons, you can use store coupon codes on the app in addition to the paper coupons. But you can use only one coupon per product unless you are using a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon.
- Ask for coupons in the mail- You can also reach out to your favorite brands to ask them to mail you free high-value coupons. Most of the coupons you get in the mail may offer you about $1 off, but with some you can get free products or up to $5 off.
How to use a printable coupon?
After learning about how you can gain the maximum benefits from using printable coupons, you must be wondering how exactly you can use these coupons.
- The first step to using a printable coupon is to find one. You can run a search in the browser for printable coupons for "Home Depot" or "printable grocery coupons." You will get a list of websites which you can use to get in-store deals for your grocery or daily shopping.
- Once you are on a coupon website, click on the "Printable" section and run a search for your requirements, like "Toothpaste coupons."
- Choose the coupon you think offers you the best deal and click on it. It will take you to the manufacturer's website. You may need to login to gain access to the offer. If you have an account, then sign-in and the coupon can be printed if you have a printer linked.
- Once you have printable grocery coupons in your hand, remember to carry them the next time you go shopping.
- Fill your cart with your shopping and when you are at the checkout, hand over the coupon to the cashier and let them know you would like to redeem the offer. The discount will be applied to your cart when you pay.
The cost of groceries have become expensive because of inflation
Use a printable coupon to save money on groceries
Which are the best sites for printable coupons?
As discussed, one way to find good print coupons is to search on third-party sites or apps. But there are thousands of sites and apps that offer hundreds of deals. If you are overwhelmed with the sheer number, then here are the top sites which offer the best printable deals and offers for free, especially if you are in the United States-
- Krazy Coupon Lady- You can customize your search as per your product or specific brand preference. The site also offers coupons which can be found in newspapers as well as coupon codes that you can access via your mobile.
- Coupons.com- The site lets you filter coupons as per product category. It also offers coupon previews through which you see all the relevant information, like the expiration date. You can also search by stores like Dollar Tree or Dollar General to make sure the discount you are looking for is available at the store. You can also find coupon codes and digital grocery coupons here.
- CouponMom- The site offers a variety of coupons related to drugstores, grocery stores, and other deals that you can use to score discounts while shopping. They have an extensive coupon database which makes it easier to find deals for the brands that you use and prefer.
- Be Frugal- With this coupon site, you don't only have the option of finding printable coupons and coupon codes, but they also offer extra bonuses when you sign up. They also have deals that offer cashback opportunities.
- Lozo- This site helps you filter your search based on your buying habits and how you spend your money. When you fill in your preferences, you can find the best deals to save money on the products and brands you want.
Are digital coupons better than printable coupons?
With the advent of technology, there are a lot of digital coupons and coupon codes available. Is it feasible then to use printed coupons? Using digital or print coupons depends on factors like company budget and target audience marketing strategy. Here are some key points which can help you decide which strategy you want to adopt-
- Awareness- Digital coupons are better at building brand awareness and attracting customers than print coupons. According to a study, digital coupons perform 35% better to retain existing customers, bring in new customers, and raise brand awareness.
- ROI- Paper coupons provides around 18% higher return on investment as there is a cap for their usage. Printable coupons perform better due to higher redemption rates (the more people use the coupons, the less revenue per sale). Hence, if you want to gain more revenue per coupon, it is better to opt for paper coupons.
- Easier to distribute- Digital coupons eliminate the need for printing and mailing coupons to the target audience. There is also no need to run around and collate personal information.
- Cheaper cost- When you collect information digitally, you have to pay social media experts and spend money on developing marketing strategies. But the cost of printing and shipping coupons is cheaper.
The inconvenience of having to search for coupons is tiring
Printable coupons can be easily found and used to save money on groceries