What is a free coupon?
A free coupon is a promotional offer that provides a discount on the purchase of a product or service. Coupons are typically issued by manufacturers or retailers to be used at retail stores as a part of sales promotions.
Places Where You Can Find Free Coupon to Avail Discount on Your Purchase
What is a free coupon?
Are you weary of having to pay full price for everything you purchase? Want to receive discounts on your purchases? If you want to get discounts on your purchases, then one way is to get coupons and promo codes. If you are unfamiliar with the term 'coupons,' they are discounts and offers made by companies and retailers on particular goods. A coupon is a piece of paper with discounts printed on it that can be redeemed in stores, such as '20% Off On Purchase of $50.' If you are shopping online, you can use promo codes to get discounts on your order. A promo code, also known as a coupon code or discount code, is a combination of numbers and alphabets like 'SAVE20' for deals like '20% Off On Your Order.'
Thus, a free coupon can be described as a deal or offer that enables you to save money while you are shopping. Nowadays, there are many ways you can find these coupons and promo codes (some of which we have listed below). So, if you are interested in knowing more about how you can use coupons and promo codes to save money for your next purchase, then read on.
How can I get free coupons?
The first step in availing yourself of discounts for your purchases is knowing where you can get these deals and offers. As discussed, we can get these discounts in physical forms like coupons, printable coupons or just promo codes that can be scanned in store or used for an online order. Try these tips to get free coupons and deals that can help you save money.
- Loyalty programs- If you shop at a particular store or eat from a restaurant chain regularly, then check if they have a loyalty program, also known as rewards program. Most of the times, you can join these rewards programs for free by giving your name, address, email id and birth date. Once you are a part of the program you get exclusive deals from the retailers like coupons or promo codes or discounts applied at checkout for being a member. You can also get free fast food coupons when you order from a fast food chain after signing up for the program. The downside is that your mailbox and email will be flooded with unwanted promotions and messages or the brands can use your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Newspapers- Before the advent of the digital era, most brands and retailers would print their deals and discounts in the Sunday edition of the local newspapers. The newspaper would have a special section for the deals and people could clip the coupons and redeem them at the store. Nowadays, there are still some local newspapers which will have deals and offers in the newspapers. You can check the ads sections or the Sunday edition for these deals. Many newspapers also have a special deals section on the news website that has deals and discounts across products and brands. So, if you have a subscription, you can check your local newspapers or websites to see if there are any deals or promo codes you want. There are also many coupon inserts in your newspapers. Don't throw them away before checking if they have any value.
- Product packaging- Many a times manufacturers of products like meat, cereal or ice creams may attach a peel off coupon to the packaging which will allow you to get free items or discounts on your next purchase. So, whenever you buy any product, check the packaging carefully to see if there is a deal or QR code you can use to get freebies or discounts.
- Store aisles- In the early days, many retailers would place coupons, known as blinkies, at the end of the aisles or shelves where people could tear them off and use them to get freebies or discounts. Nowadays, most stores will opt for scannable QR codes. So, if you have a store loyalty program, you can scan the code and the promo code will be added to your account. You can then redeem the code while shopping or it may be applied automatically at checkout. Some stores may still carry the traditional coupons which can be torn off and redeemed. So, next time you are in store, check the aisles and shelves carefully to see if there are any QR codes or coupons that you can use.
- Social media- Many brands and retailers are now active on social media where they regularly interact with customers by putting out information about deals or offering flash sales like Dairy Queen offering free ice cream coupons. So, if you order from a particular restaurant chain or shop at a retailer or use products of a particular brand, follow them on social media to get more information and deals.
- Check your receipts- Don't throw away the receipt of your purchase but instead take a closer look. Some retailers print coupons or promo codes on the bottom or back. Sometimes, the cashier will also put in a few flyers and leaflets in your bag. These may have coupons or promo codes printed on them along with offers which can be redeemed the next time you shop at the store.
Digital coupons are found in so many places that it can be hard to keep up
we’ve rounded up major sources of free coupons that anyone with an internet connection can access
What is the purpose of free coupons?
Why do businesses like brands and retailers give away free coupons to consumers when they have to offer the product at a discount or provide free gifts is an interesting question. The fact of the matter is that both businesses and customers benefit from coupons and promo codes. Brands and retailers would not have made these offers to customers if they did not stand to gain from the discounts. The following is a list of the rationales behind why businesses and retailers offer free coupons and deals.
- Get customers' attention- According to data, an average supermarket will have over 35,000 items in 2021, and each brand and product must stand out from the competition to attract the customer's attention and wallet. For example, if a customer has a coupon or promo code for a specific brand of cookies, they will be the first to check the price of that item among the ten other brands of cookies on the shelves.
- Promote a new product- Most of the time, if a customer is happy with a product, they will continue to buy it. However, if a new product is available in that category, offering a deal on it may persuade the customer especially if they are price conscious to try it instead of the product they currently use. A manufacturer can also offer free samples, but that means they must spend money making the product and shipping it to the customer.
- To buy loyalty- Offering a discount for a new product can get a customer to buy it for the first time. But to ensure that customers keep coming back and buying the product, it is a good idea to offer discounts now and then to ensure that the customer remains loyal and keeps buying the product. When a customer gets a discount coupon or promo code for their favorite product from the brand, they feel valued and develop a sense of loyalty to the brand.
- Repeat business- Sometimes a brand or store will offer a promo code, or free drink coupon which can be redeemed on the next purchase. To encourage customers to use the promotional code or coupon on their subsequent visit to the store, such offers are made. These discounts entice customers to enter the store twice- once to buy something and receive a coupon, and once to buy something else and receive a free coupon. Customers are more likely to make repeat purchases when they receive such offers, even if it's just to receive freebies.
- Marketing efforts- Customers frequently have to provide their personal information in order to choose to receive discounts or deals from brands or stores. Brands and businesses can learn important information about the types of products to carry, price points, which products to put on sale, and how much of a discount to offer by using information like the user's purchasing habits. Companies can target their marketing efforts with the help of such information.
Places where you can find free coupons
We have already looked at certain ways you can get free coupons and promo codes from stores and brands. But nowadays, most information can be found with a few clicks, even coupons and promo codes. There are many sites nowadays that offer deals and discounts on products across categories. You can get free coupons and promo codes for many products on these sites. So, if you want to get some good deals and discounts, try these free coupons apps and websites to get some good deals.
1. Brand/corporate websites
Any brand's website or mobile app is the best resource for finding discounts. Today, lots of companies and brands have their own websites where they provide free coupons and discounts. Make a list of all your preferred goods, such as toothpaste, shampoo, and snacks, and visit their websites. To see if there are any coupons or deals available, go to the brand's website and look under the deals, offers, or specials tab. You might also discover that some companies, like P&G or General Mills, own several different brands. Such FMCG behemoths offer deals for all of their brands on a single platform and house numerous brands under one roof. Procter & Gamble's P&G Everyday program or General Mills' Tablespoon program are two examples. You can thus sign up for these platforms to receive deals. If there are no sections for deals or coupons, look for the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page. You can send an email to the brand telling them how much you love the products and asking if you can get free products or coupons. The majority of the time, the brand will respond with samples and coupons.
I always see people with tons of stuff and wonder how they can afford it all
The solution lies in finding coupons and using them to purchase items at a discount
2. Retailers websites and apps
Many large retailers, such as Walmart and Target, stock thousands of products from various brands in one location. A lot of retailers also provide discounts and coupons. Checking retailer websites and apps for any coupons and promo codes is, therefore, a good idea. Store coupons, also known as retailer coupons or discounts, can only be used at a specific retailer or website. Additionally, some merchants provide manufacturer or brand coupons that can be redeemed through loyalty programs. Some retailers also offer a free printable coupon template, which allows you to print the deal and redeem it in the store. As a result, it makes sense to join a retailer's loyalty program if you frequent their store as previously mentioned. When you sign in to your account, you can check the promo codes and printable coupons available on the retailer's site and app. The coupon can then be 'clipped,' and it will be saved in your account. The discount will be automatically applied to your order when you present your loyalty card or account number to the cashier at the checkout. The printable coupons can be presented at the register to be applied to your order if you have printed them out. Additionally, you can use the retailer apps available on the App Store or Google Play to find discounts and coupons.
3. Coupon websites/ apps
Additionally, there are numerous third-party websites and applications that offer discounts, coupons, and printable coupons for a wide range of brands and product categories. If you're looking for discounts, simply type your search terms into your browser, such as 'coupons for chicken patties' or 'promo codes for beef steaks.' You will be given a list of independent websites that are offering specials and discounts on the products you're looking for. Entering 'coupons for Baskin Robbins' or "promo codes for Baskin Robbins' will bring up websites where you can get free coupons and promo codes for Baskin Robbins if you're looking for a specific product, such as Baskin Robbins ice cream. Websites like Fullfork offer deals that can be sorted by location and cuisine preference if you're looking for food discounts. A third-party site like Fullfork Features deals from many restaurant chains, and it also allows you to save any good deals and promo codes you find on the site for future use. The website also has tools for sorting your previous orders and displaying what you've previously ordered. Additionally, there are websites (such as those listed below) that provide discounts for a wide range of goods across categories.
RetailMeNot.com is one of the largest third party coupon sites where you can get free coupons and offers on everything from fast food to household items. The site tests and verifies the coupons and promo codes, so you are assured of getting a valid deal. The site also offers information on how many times a promo code or coupon has been used that day. The home page has a list of all the trending deals of the day. The website has cash back deals and discounted gift cards. The site also offers printable coupons, and free delivery offers for over 130,000 partner stores, online and local. The coupon site has a huge user community which reviews the validity and usefulness of deals put up on the site. The site also allows users to add any new promo codes and online deals on the site. The site updates the offers every day and you can get the best coupons and deals by checking regularly.
From where can I find free coupons for my purchases?
Fullfork has listed few sources which can help you in getting free coupons