What are fast food coupons?
Fast food coupons are discounts or deals offered by fast food restaurants. These coupons can be found in a variety of places, including online, in newspapers and magazines, and in store. Many fast food coupons offer a free or discounted item with the purchase of another item.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Fast Food Coupons and Save Money
What are fast food coupons?
If you tend to eat a lot of fast food on a regular basis, then there must have been times when you have wondered about cutting down the cost of your food outings. Nowadays, most fast food chains will offer coupons deals that can be redeemed in store or for an online order. Many fast food chains like Jack in the Box and Papa Johns offer food coupons, pieces of paper with discounts like "20% Off Your Order" printed on them, that can be redeemed in store. As a customer, you can use the fast food coupons from brands like Del Taco or Jack The Box to score discounts on your order.
If you want to know more, the article takes an in-depth look at fast food coupons and how they can help customers save money while ordering food.
How can I use my fast food coupons?
If you want to use, fast food coupons for your favorite brand, like White Castle, you can either redeem the coupon and enjoy the meal at the outlet or place a pickup order using the coupon. Follow the steps mentioned below to
Redeem fast food coupons and dine at outlet
- You can find free printable coupons for deals like "$2 Off $10 Order at White Castle," take printout of the deal and carry it with you when you head to dine out.
- When you are ready to order, let the staff know that you have a coupon that you want to redeem.
- Place your order and ensure that it is more than $10 before taxes so that you can score the $2 discount.
- Once your order is placed, hand over the coupon before making payment so that the discount is taken off your bill total.
- Once the staff applies the discount and lets you know the total, pay the balance and wait for the food order to be ready.
- There are times when you are at a restaurant but don't want to wait in queue to eat your food. You can place an order for pickup and use a fast food coupon to score discount using the above-mentioned steps. You can also place an online order and come to the outlet for pick up.
- If you have found a coupon deal for Spicy Chicken Sandwich 'n Fries For $3.99 From Steak Shake on a coupon site, then just click on the deal and the brand's site will open in a new tab. You can also use a discount code received from the brand to score a discount. Remember to copy the code.
- Once you are on the Steak 'n Shake site, log in if you already have an account and select pickup.
- Add your order to the cart and make sure to add a chicken sandwich and fries to claim the deal.
- Once your order is done, move payments and then checkout. But before making the payment, paste the copied code in the 'Apply code' box and click to get the discount.
- Once the deal is applied, the balance total will be displayed. Complete the transaction and leave to pick up your order.
- You can also download the app and place the order via the app while waiting at the store using the above mentioned steps for a pick up.
I need to save money on my next fast food purchase
You can use fast food coupons for great deals!
Where can I find fast food coupons?
After getting information about how you can use fast food coupons to score food deals, you must be wondering where you can find fast food coupons for your favorite chain, like Pizza Hut or Burger King.
- Fast food websites- Many fast food chains have deals and printable coupons with offers like 'Get Free Doritos Locos Taco with Drive-thru At Taco Bell.' If you want to check for the recent deals, create an account on your favorite fast food brand's site and log in. Most deals will be displayed on the home page or under the deals/specials/offers tab.
- Email alerts- If you create an account on the site, you can also opt for email alerts. Most fast food chains will send information about ongoing and upcoming deals via email. You can also get member-exclusive deals and food coupons.
- Third-party sites- You can also find plenty of coupon sites like FullFork which have deals and discounts for many fast food chains. If you are looking for Red Lobster food deals, you can type in 'Red Lobster restaurant coupons' or 'Red Lobster coupon codes'. You will get pages full of coupon sites offering coupons deals for the restaurant chain. You may have to go through some sites before you find deals that you like. Once you find a coupon site that has food deals you like, bookmark the site.
- Newspapers- Look at the ads in your local newspapers and you will find coupons deals for local outlets of fast food chains. You can clip these food coupons and cash them in when you visit the store. You can also check the newspaper website as many news sites have a 'deals' tab listing food deals.
- Booklets- You can also subscribe to coupon books service for a fee where you will be mailed a coupon book full of deals and discounts from your local outlets. There are many third-party sites which also offer digital booklets in which deals like a burger coupon can be clipped and printed for in-store use.
- Receipts- Never throw away receipts of your orders. Most fast food chains often offer money or coupons for the next order in exchange for a customer review survey. You can take the survey using the code or receipt number and stand a chance to win money or get coupons for the next order.
How do fast food coupons work?
After reading about a chance to get '25% Off Your Purchase at Jack The Box' or 'Up to 25% Off Full Price Items at Papa Johns,' you may be wondering how the fast food chains can offer to give away food at a discount or for free. Most restaurant deals and food coupons are created after careful research. The brands will research the trends in the area, such as the competition, food deals being offered by competitors, and what food deals work for the customers, like discounts or free delivery. After they gather the data, they create a coupon template for food deals which will bring footfalls to the business. Most food coupons are based on the premise that if you get the customer to use your offer, they will not go to your competitors. Most fast food restaurants regard coupons as a loss on product purchase. But here is a basic breakdown of how a discount deal works.
A brand's chicken nuggets are priced at $2.59, but the raw cost (the cost of components used for the final product) may be only 59 cents. So, if there is a chicken coupon for 'Buy 2 for $3.50,' each portion of nuggets will cost $1.75 instead of $2 after deducting the raw cost.
But to get the deal, a customer has to buy two portions of nuggets for $3.50 instead of one at $2.59. The customer gets a deal at $3.50 instead of spending $5.18 for two portions of nuggets. But the company will make $2.99 for two versus the $2 for one. Most customers will opt for the deal, which translates into around a dollar more for the brand.
Best restaurant apps that offer fast food coupons
If you are looking for fast food coupons, there are many third-party sites like Fullfork where you can find deals for many fast food chains. A site like Fullfork Features food deals as per your location and preferences. You can also save the coupons deals you find for later use. However, if you are looking for specific restaurant deals, the following restaurant apps can help- A word of caution- make sure to check with your nearest location to see if they have the offers mentioned below.
- Applebee's- After you download the app and sign up for the Applebee's rewards program, you can get free appetizer with your first order. If you are a member, you also get free chips and salsa every time you visit a location. As a program member, you can also get free sweet treat on your birthday. The restaurant chain also offers 50% off on select appetizers from 3-6 pm and 9pm to closing every day at participating locations.
- Chili's- You can sign up for the rewards program on the Chili's app and get loads of freebies like free chips and salsa at every visit. You also get a birthday coupon for free dessert without any purchase, which you can redeem any time seven days before and after your birthday. You can also get free non-alcoholic beverage at participating locations when you spend $5. The app also lets you get free entree with purchase of an entree and two drinks.
- Denny's- Want to get 20% off, download the app and join the loyalty program and you can get the discount on your next order. You can also score a free Grand Slam breakfast on your second order via the app. The fast food chain also lets you 'Build Your Own Grand Slam' for free on your birthday. The brand also offers 15% discount to senior citizens on Thursdays from 2pm-10pm.
- IHOP- If you like pancakes for breakfast, then join the rewards program via the app and get free pancakes when you register, on your birthday and also on the anniversary of signing up. You can also enjoy free pancakes on National Pancake Day. You also get exclusive offers and secret menu offering if you are a rewards program member.
- Red Lobster- if you are a seafood lover, download the Red Lobster app and join the rewards program to earn free 75 points. Then you can earn a point for every dollar spent and once you collect 125 points you can redeem them for freebies like Hand-Breaded Calamari or Lobster & Artichoke Dip. You also get free bowl of any soup, any dessert or a signature shrimp cocktail for 30 days around your birthday. The reward program has a tier system and you can earn more benefits, the more you spend and move up the tiers.
Eating out at fast food restaurants has become very expensive these days
With fast food coupons you will be able to save money at all of your favorite restaurants and fast food places
Which stores have fast food coupons available?
Now that you have a good idea about restaurant deals, you can score them via the apps. But if you want to know which fast food joints have the best coupons deals, then here is a list as per the food choices-
- Want Mexican? The first brand that comes to mind is Chipotle. Get the app and join the loyalty program to earn 10 points for every dollar. Once you collect 1,250 points, redeem them for a free entree. Want cheap food, use the Taco Bell app to earn rewards and redeem them for your favorite menu item. You also get free Doritos Locos Taco when you sign up.
- Love burgers- Nothing beats Burger King for the food deals like '2 for $5 Mix n Match deal' or 'Croissan'wich and coffee for $4.' If you are a new user, you can also get free items like a Whopper. Fast food giant McDonald's offers free fries with a $1 purchase every Friday. If you want a sweet treat with your burger then sign up for Steak n Shake rewards club to get free milkshake with your first purchase.
- Sweet treats- If you need your coffee fix or donuts, sign up for Krispy Kreme to get a free donut. You also have deals like 'Buy One Dozen Get One Dozen for $1' or get free one item every time you order a dozen via app. If you want ice cream then download Baskin Robbins app to get free regular scoop after signing up for mobile deals or get a small Blizzard free when you sign up for Dairy Queen.
- Seeking sandwiches- Fans rate Chick Fil-A as the best app for food deals such as free breakfast sandwiches or free waffle fries after collecting 300 points on rewards program. You can also score a free sandwich from Jimmy John's when you join the Freaky Fast Rewards.
Tips for savings on fast food
If you want to save more than you already are by using fast food coupons, then here are some discount tips you can try to score free food and save more.
- National food days- The United States has a lot of food day celebrations like National Pizza Day or National Donut Day. Most fast food chains will put out special offers to celebrate the day and you can follow your favorite brand on social media to get more information on upcoming deals.
- Discounts- Many fast food chains will offer discounts for students or military personnel or senior citizens. If you want to check which discounts are offered by your favorite chain, then just call up your nearest location and ask what discounts they are offering. Most chains will require valid ID proof to apply the discount to your order.
- Birthday specials- Most restaurant chains offer free menu items and deals on your birthday, if you have signed up for the loyalty program. Cash in the deal by showing your birthday proof and enjoy your free food.
- Sports promotions- If you are a pizza or burger lover, watch out for sports day deals. Most pizza chains or burger joints will offer deals for local game nights or for national events like the Super Bowl.
- Kids portions- This tip works when you place an online order. Most American restaurants offer huge portions, so if you are a small eater, order a kids meal online and enjoy without being hassled for proof of kids being you. You pay 50% less the price of an adult meal and even get a drink and dessert.
- Coffee special- Need your caffeine fix Ask the staff to prepare drinks with no ice. They will fill the coffee to the brim. Now ask for a larger cup and some ice. Pour your drink in it along with a bit of milk and you can get two cups for the price of one.
How do I get free fast food coupons?
The best option is to email them or go to their website and ask or call them. Some will have a prompt for coupons