What is a coupon book?
A coupon book is a booklet containing coupons that can be redeemed for discounts, freebies, or other benefits. They are often given out by businesses as promotional materials or sold as fundraisers. Coupon books can also be created by individuals to save money on everyday expenses.
How to Get Free Coupon Books by Mail to Save on Your Favorite Items
What is a coupon book?
With the rising cost of daily necessities, there is a need to look for options that can help save money while shopping. One way to save money is to use coupons and coupon codes. A coupon is a piece of paper with a discount for an item printed on it. You can look for coupon books to get a bunch of coupons together that can be used to score discounts.
A coupon book is a booklet that has coupons and deals from various brands and manufacturers. You can clip the coupon you want to use and redeem it at the store where you are shopping or even at restaurants and entertainment discount clubs. There are also online coupon books with coupon codes that can be used for online shopping or a QR code that can be scanned to apply the discount at checkout.
There are also ways to get coupon books for free so that you don't have to spend extra to buy them and score discounts. If you want to know more about using coupon books, then keep reading.
How do coupon books work?
Coupon books gather coupons and deals from various manufacturers and retailers and then put them together in one book. When customers get these booklets, they can clip the coupon they want to use and redeem it at the store. One may wonder why brands would offer deals and coupons to a coupon book manufacturer.
Most companies offer deals in coupon books to incentivize the customer to notice the product and the brand and buy the item on offer. A properly designed coupon booklet will help the products and brands featured in the booklet get a short-term or long-term boost in traffic. There is a high chance that a customer will not use all the deals offered in the coupon book, but if a brand can establish its awareness in the customer's mind, then it is worth the effort of offering the deal to be featured in the coupon book. Here are some of the reasons why companies offer deals for coupon books-
- To attract the attention of new customers to their brand and products.
- A discount can entice a customer to buy the product which can increase the sale of that particular product.
- If a customer has never heard of the brand or has been using a competitor's product, then featuring a deal can increase the brand awareness.
- Sometimes companies offer deals and Promo Codes as a way to reward customers who have been loyal to the brand.
- There are times when customers try a product but don't repurchase. An offer in a coupon book helps companies incentivize these customers return to the brand.
- Sometimes, a customer looking for a good deal may opt for the product in the coupon books just because they can get a discount. Hence the customer may also switch brands if they like the product purchased at discount.
There must be a way to get my grocery items for a cheaper amount
Yes, you can save money through free coupon books by mail from manufacturers
How to get free coupon books by mail?
If you are wondering how, as a customer, you can get free coupon books either for a brand you like or via a retail store, then here are some tips you can try.
- Email- If you want free manufacturer's coupons, then the easiest option is to email companies to either complain about any problems you faced or, better yet, what you loved about their products. Most times a company will send coupons or even a coupon book as a reply to politely worded complaint or a well-written appreciation letter for a product or brand. Once you get in touch, the company may also add you to their direct mail coupon list.
- Newsletters- You can also sign up for newsletters of the brands or retailers you regularly shop at. Most manufacturers and retailers often e-mail Coupon Codes as part of their regular e-mail list and you can get printable coupons or coupon codes.
- Birthday lists- When you sign up for newsletters, many companies will ask for details like birth date. Once you have registered your birth date with them, they will send coupons and coupon books with offers for your birth month. You can also get personalized offers via email which can be printed or redeemed online.
- Social media- Most brands and retailers are active on social media platforms to interact with customers and also inform them of any upcoming deals and offers. Make a list of brands you use regularly and follow their social media pages.
- Request samples- If you are on a mailing list, often you will get samples of new products by mail. When you receive a sample box, be sure to check it properly as there can be high-value coupons along with the samples.
How much do coupon books cost?
Are you interested in setting up your own coupon book business? Then you should have an idea of the cost involved in just making a physical coupon book. Of course, if you are already in the design and printing business, the price can come down. But if you are completely new to the business, then here is a look at the cost of the services you need to add to cart to manufacture a coupon book.
As per data, the average cost for a new coupon books business is $13,936, and here is a breakdown of the basic costs.
- File Hosting Service - $299
- Email marketing tool - $100
- Accounting & Invoicing Software - $50
- Project Management Software - $25
- Internal Communication Tool - $20
- Design Programs & Software - $50
- WiFi & Internet - $100
- Upfront Costs - $300-5,000
- Inventory Storage - $5,000
- Distribution costs - $750
- Research & Surveys- $300
- Affiliate Marketing Fees - $250
- Google or Social Media ads - $700
How do you make a coupon book?
Now that you have a basic understanding of how much it can cost to invest in a coupon books business in the United States, let us take a look at how you can create a coupon book.
- Plan- Create a business plan. Map out where the majority of the businesses or stores are located. Carry out a customer survey to understand the demographics and their mindset. If your target market is mostly millennials, you can opt for a digital coupon book. If you have mostly Gen Y population in your target area, you can opt for coupon books.
- Affiliate- Once you have decided your target market and the businesses you want to approach, the next step is to approach the businesses for affiliate programs. Target local businesses as many people can already get coupons and deals for major brands and chain stores from their websites or coupon sites. Most small businesses are looking for good ways to advertise and compete. Approach business owners you are familiar with and once you have a few partnership deals, you will get the legitimacy to secure additional businesses.
- Plan on book structure- Once you have the deals with the businesses, you need to plan and design the coupon book and figure out how many pages will the coupon book have, which business to feature prominently, the type of coupons, the size of coupons, the overall design and how many books. Then get an estimate of printing costs.
- Pricing- Once you have an estimate of how much will be the cost of printing, you can figure out the final cost based on the number of coupons or pages being offered to each partner. If you are selling books to raise money for charity, decide on a reasonable cost that will make you a decent profit after deducting expenses.
- Final design- Once you have the final design and layout ready, send the mockup to your partners for approval and then have it printed.
- Send to customers- Once your books are printed, you can either sell them as a fundraiser or mail the coupon books to people on your target mailing list.
The high cost of living and the need to save money forces me to cut corners in my grocery purchase
You can request for free coupon books from manufacturers which will help you in saving money on your grocery bills
What do you put in a coupon book?
As discussed, a coupon book will have deals and offers from various brands and retailers. But there are many coupon books available from third-party vendors, brands, and retailers. Then the important question to ask here is, "How can you make your coupon books stand out from the competition?" Here is a checklist of the elements that your coupons must have to stand out.
- The coupon must clearly mention the face value of the discount.
- The coupon must have a product image or the brand logo for easy identification.
- If you are offering coupons which can also be used for online orders, then print clear QR code for scanning.
- The coupon must also mention the company name and address in case a customer wants to reach out.
- And most important, the coupon must mention the validity of the offer and the expiry date.
How do companies make money from coupon books?
Coupon companies print coupon books and mail them to customers with offers from manufacturers and retailers. So the question that arises is- how do coupon companies make money from coupon books they print and mail?
- Paid deals- A coupon company can print coupon books for charity or fund raising. Therefore, they get a percentage of the sales. There are also some companies which will offer customers discount of a certain value if they pay a certain amount for a certain number of coupons.
- Program fees- Most companies make deals with brands and retailers with a promise of better marketing and increase in brand awareness. Most of the times the partner brands pay the sales commissions after the customers redeem the deal.
- Ad revenue- Coupons are also a form of advertising and companies can charge partners an ad fee, no matter if the coupon is redeemed or not. This can be due to the fact that the customer will see the brand and its offers and even though they may not use it, and this will only lead to an increase in brand awareness.
I don't have enough money to buy all the things I need. How can I save money on the things I need?
Just request for free coupon books from manufacturers